Monday, July 4, 2022

The "Travel Bug"

   Those of you who have read Envious Deception know that two of my characters talk quite passionately about a desire to travel. To visit new places, explore, and disappear into adventure of it. 

   I recently had an adventure of my own. While I have been to Europe before (three times actually), back then I'd always assumed I would return soon. I caught the “travel bug” and wanted nothing more than to immerse myself in the culture, art, and architecture of countless places. I had no idea how long it would take for me to return or how much things would have changed in that time, both for me and for Europe. 

   I know this isn’t technically the purpose of this blog, but it is mine and as a woman who is quickly approaching that hill everyone always talks about, I no longer care to follow silly self-imposed rules like that. So the next few posts will be mainly about my trip, what I got wrong, what I got right, and what I wish I knew before I went. Hopefully this helps someone out there who is planning the biggest trip of their life. And also me, as I plan for the next big trip which will hopefully be very soon.

As always, happy reading! And happy travels!



No comments:

Post a Comment